Award-winning orthopedic care in Richmond, Virginia
The Orthopedic Hospital at Parham Doctors’ Hospital provides more patient-focused, dependable orthopedic care than any other facility in central Virginia.
For questions and appointments, contact t The Orthopedic Hospital on our 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse® line at (804) 320-3627.
Our orthopedic program has been awarded and recognized by several institutions, including:
- High Performing Hospital for Knee Replacement Surgery by U.S. News & World Report
- Accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Healthgrades™ recognized Parham Doctors’ Hospital as one of America’s Top 100 Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ and Joint Replacement Awards™ for four years in a row—a distinction held by only 5 percent of hospitals in the nation
Leaders in orthopedics and spine care
While The Orthopedic Hospital at Parham Doctors’ Hospital offers the most awarded orthopedic and spine care in the region, we are also honored that patients rank us high in satisfaction surveys. Patients choose us for:
- Our programs are accredited by The Joint Commission—The nation’s leading authority on quality care, outcomes and continuous improvement—approves our spine fusion program.
- Our care is in a full-service hospital—If you need surgery, we have all the services and amenities you need for a comfortable recovery. We have the latest imaging and tests to evaluate and diagnose orthopedic conditions at the earliest stages. Our hospital also offers both inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation services. This means you can receive diagnostics, treatment and therapy in one place, from one team.
- We provide fellowship-trained, board-certified specialists—Your care comes from board-certified doctors, specially trained in orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, sports medicine and neurosurgery. Most of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field. You benefit from a team of doctors, surgeons, nurses, physical therapists and other specialists and professionals dedicated to helping you to get better, faster.
Our orthopedic services
We perform the most complex procedures available in central Virginia, including robotic-assisted techniques. You receive first-class care from a team that thinks about your needs every step of the way. Our orthopedic services include:
- Back and spine care
- Hand and upper extremity care
- Foot and ankle care
- Knee replacement program
- Hip replacement program
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Shoulder replacement
- Sports medicine
Orthopedic conditions we treat
We work closely with you to relieve your pain and get you back to your active lifestyle as soon as possible. The orthopedic team at Parham Doctors’ Hospital treats a wide range of orthopedic conditions, including:
- Arthritis pain
- Bone spurs
- Broken bones
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Impingement (pinched nerve)
- Joint pain from injury or osteoarthritis
- Joint dislocation
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Neck and back pain
- Overuse or repetitive stress injury
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Sciatic pain
- Scoliosis, kyphosis and other spinal abnormalities
- Spinal tumors
- Sports injuries, including concussions
- Tendon and cartilage injury
- Tennis elbow
- Trauma injury
- Trigger finger
Parham Doctors Hospital offers custom molded orthotics for patients with musculoskeletal disorders. A biomechanical lower extremity evaluation assesses if the patient would benefit from custom molded orthotics. The goal is to help patients return to functional activities, such as walking, running and sports, with the use of orthotics.
Patients experiencing back pain, hip pain, knee pain and/or foot and ankle pain may benefit from the use of orthotics.
What does an orthotic evaluation involve?
- Lower extremity and foot assessment
- Custom molding and casting of the foot to make the orthotic device
- Individualized exercise program based on the evaluation in addition to making the orthotics
The Orthopedic Hospital at Parham is recognized as a High Performing Hospital for Knee Replacement Surgery by U.S. News & World Report, and our orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons lead programs accredited by The Joint Commission. We have all the services and amenities you need for a comfortable recovery.
Common orthopedic and sports-related surgeries we perform include:
- ACL, LCL, PCL ligament repair
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Casting and splinting
- Cartilage and meniscus repair
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Digital biplane angiography (3DBRA)
- Elbow tendon repair
- Knee ligament repair and reconstruction
- Knee resurfacing
- Lumbar disc replacement
- Meniscus surgery
- Partial knee replacement
- Partial and reverse shoulder replacement
- Rotator cuff repair
- Speech and swallowing therapy
- Spinal fusion
- Sports medicine programs
- Tommy John surgery
- Total joint replacement (knee, hip and shoulder)