Award-winning knee replacement surgery in Richmond
Recognized as a High Performing Hospital for Knee Replacement Surgery by the U.S. News & World Report, The Orthopedic Hospital at Parham Doctors' Hospital's joint replacement program in Richmond, Virginia, focuses on relieving knee, joint and hip pain to get you back to doing what you love.
To schedule an appointment with one of our orthopedic specialists, call (804) 320-3627.
Why choose Parham for knee replacement surgery?
Our team of orthopedic and joint replacement specialists make up Richmond's most decorated and awarded joint replacement program. Our physicians begin with a complete diagnosis of your condition and explain your condition and the procedures available to you.
Patients throughout the community choose our facility for:
- Award-winning care. We are the recipients of Healthgrades' Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ eight years in a row and have received a five-star rating for the past 14 years for total knee replacement.
- Preoperative education opportunities. We know that surgery can cause anxiety in our patients. We do everything in our power to ease that anxiety by providing our patients an inside look at our facility and education on what to expect before, during and after surgery.
- Continuous care. We offer comprehensive care for our patients from diagnosis to surgery and throughout the recovery process. We are here to coordinate your care and can customize services to fit your specific needs.
- Specialized care in a full-service facility. Joint replacement does not end with surgery. At our hospital, patients can receive their initial diagnosis, surgery and post-surgical physical therapy all in one convenient location.
- Expert care. The care you receive at Parham Doctors' Hospital comes from board-certified orthopedic specialists and orthopedic surgeons. Many of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.
Types of knee replacement surgery
We offer options that fit your goals and condition, including:
- Total knee replacement (knee arthroplasty): It involves all three bones (thigh, shin and kneecap) that form the knee joint. Implants vary depending on your weight, size and activity level.
- Partial knee replacement (knee resurfacing): Our orthopedic specialists can spare healthy tissue and bone with a less invasive procedure when damage is limited to a portion of the knee (inside, outside or front).
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery
Parham Doctors' Hospital offers patients access to minimally invasive knee replacement surgery using MAKOplasty® Technology. This advanced technology allows for a shorter hospital stay and less recovery time.
Talk to your joint replacement surgeon to see if you are a candidate for minimally invasive knee replacement surgery.
Candidates for knee replacement surgery
Schedule an appointment with our orthopedic care team if you have:
- Experienced knee pain that interferes with your daily living
- Moderate to severe arthritis in the knee
- Difficulty walking or going up stairs
- Chronic knee swelling and inflammation
- Tried other appropriate nonsurgical treatments, such as physical therapy, with no success