Award-winning orthopedic care in Richmond, Virginia
The orthopedic hospital at Parham Doctors’ Hospital provides more patient-focused, dependable orthopedic care than any other in the region. Recognized as a High Performing Hospital for Knee Replacement Surgery by U.S. News & World Report, our orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons lead programs accredited by The Joint Commission. Healthgrades has also recognized Parham Doctors’ Hospital as America’s top 100 Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery for two years in a row — a distinction held by only 5 percent of hospitals in the nation.
Health Risk Assessments
Find out how healthy you are by taking our FREE online health risk assessments:
For questions and appointments, contact our award-winning experts at the orthopedic hospital on our 24/7 line at (804) 320-3627 to get started. We will have a staff member speak with you to get your started on your road to recovery.
We perform the most complex procedures available in Central Virginia, including robotic-assisted techniques. You receive first-class care from a team that thinks about your needs every step of the way. Our orthopedics services include:
- Back and spine care
- Hand, foot and ankle care
- Knee and hip replacement
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Shoulder replacement
Orthopedic conditions we treat
Our team uses advanced diagnostic tools and multispecialty expertise to diagnose and treat your condition. We work closely with you to relieve pain and get you back to your active life as soon as possible.
The orthopedic team at Parham Doctors’ Hospital treats a wide range of orthopedic conditions, including:
- Arthritis pain
- Bone spurs
- Broken bones
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Impingement (pinched nerve)
- Joint pain from injury or osteoarthritis
- Joint dislocation
- Muscle strains or sprains
Orthotic fitting and casting
Parham Doctors’ Hospital serves patients with musculoskeletal disorders that would benefit from custom molded orthotics. A Biomechanical Lower Extremity Evaluation assesses if the patient would benefit from custom molded orthotics. The goal is to help patients return to functional activities such as walking, running and sports with the use of orthotics.
What does an orthotic evaluation involve?
- Lower extremity and foot assessment
- Custom molding and casting of the foot to make the orthotic device
- Individualized exercise program based on the evaluation in addition to making the orthotics
Patients experiencing these symptoms can benefit from orthotics, such as:
- Back pain
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Ankle/foot pain
If you need surgery, our doctors provide the latest technology and specialize in the most advanced techniques to get you back on your feet, sooner and safer. Our surgical and nonsurgical treatments include:
Parham Doctors’ Hospital was the first hospital in central Virginia to adopt the Mazor X™ surgical assurance platform to expand and enhance spinal surgeries in 2017. The Mazor X™ allows our team to focus more on minimally invasive techniques, so patients experience a shorter hospital time and shorter recovery time.
This system uses real-time images of spinal structures so our team provides better clinical application to their treatment. This system assists spine conditions including degenerative disc disease, scoliosis (curvature of the spine), herniated discs, spine fractures and more.
Richmond, Virginia’s leader in orthopedics and spine care
While the orthopedic hospital at Parham Doctors’ Hospital offers the most awarded orthopedic and spine care in the region, we are also honored that patients rank us high in satisfaction surveys. Patients choose us for:
- Our programs accredited by The Joint Commission: The nation’s leading authority on quality care, outcomes and continuous improvement approves our spine fusion program.
- Our care in a full-service hospital: If you need surgery, we have all the services and amenities you need for a comfortable recovery. We have the latest imaging and tests to evaluate and diagnose orthopedic conditions at the earliest stages. Our hospital also offers both inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation services. This means you can receive diagnostics, treatment and therapy in one place, from one team.
- Fellowship trained board-certified specialists: Your care comes from board-certified doctors, specially trained in orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, sports medicine and neurosurgery. Most of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field. You benefit from a team of doctors, surgeons, nurses, physical therapists and other specialists and professionals dedicated to helping you to get better, faster.
We offer advanced joint replacement and reconstruction techniques, including minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement.
Neck and back pain can cause time away from work or limit your active lifestyle. Let our orthopedic and spine experts restore your functioning, safely.
The orthopedics specialists offer innovative shoulder replacement techniques to help you regain the movement and restore your healthy lifestyle.