Choose the best for your joint replacement
Recognized as a High Performing Hospital for Knee Replacement Surgery by U.S. News & World Report, the joint replacement program at the orthopedic center at Parham Doctors’ Hospital in Richmond, Virginia focuses on relieving knee, joint and hip pain to get you back to doing what you love quickly.
Health Risk Assessments
Find out how healthy you are by taking our FREE online health risk assessments:
For appointments and questions, contact our experts at the orthopedic hospital at Parham Doctors’ Hospital on our 24/7 line at (804) 320-3627 to get started. We will have a staff member speak with you to get your started on your road to recovery.
Joint replacement surgery at a full-service hospital gives you access to innovative services and comprehensive care. Our Richmond orthopedic team is consistently recognized for advanced joint replacement techniques and successful outcomes. In fact, Healthgrades—the leading online resource helping consumers make informed health care decisions—rank us in the top five percent of 4,500 hospitals for our joint replacement performance. This means you get the best joint replacement care right here in central Virginia.
We offer minimally invasive techniques that can mean fewer incisions, less pain and faster recovery. We also offer customized implant solutions, like ConforMIS technology, that deliver a better fit, more comfort and enhanced performance.
The joint replacement program at Parham Doctors’ Hospital focuses on helping you overcome painful conditions so you can return to your chosen activities and lifestyle. Our specially trained staff members offer comprehensive coordinated care for patients undergoing joint replacement. When diet, exercise and medications no longer bring relief from joint pain, joint replacement offers another option. Whether your goal is to be a pain-free gardener or compete in a triathlon, the skilled surgeons and staff at Parham Doctors’ Orthopedic Hospital can help restore your desired quality of life.
Parham Doctors’ Hospital is proud to adopt the MAKOplasty® Technology to expand and enhance joint replacement surgeries. The MAKOplasty® allows our team to focus on more minimally invasive techniques, so patients experience short hospital time and shorter recovery time.
If you suffer from chronic hip or knee pain, you’ve come to the right place. Your surgeon will determine if you’re a good candidate for MAKO and you’ll benefit from quicker relief from hip and knee pain, a quicker recovery and shorter hospital.
For appointments and questions, contact our experts at the orthopedic hospital at Parham Doctors’ Hospital on our 24/7 line at (804) 320-3627.
Additional joint procedures we offer
In addition to the knee and hip replacement services that we offer, here are some additional joint procedures that our orthopedic doctors handle:
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse shoulder replacement
- Partial shoulder (hemi) replacement
- Shoulder replacement revision
Our orthopedic surgeons resurface or cap the ends of the bones damaged by arthritis or injury with a prosthetic (or artificial) implant made from metal or plastic.
Candidates for knee replacement surgery
You may be a candidate for knee replacement surgery if you:
- Experience knee pain with activity
- Feel pain even while resting
- Wake up during the night due to knee pain
- Have difficulty sitting, climbing stairs or bending down
- Have tried other treatments such as diet, exercise and medications, without success
Contact one of our knee specialists if you experience any of these symptoms.
Types of knee replacement surgery we offer
We offer many options to fit your goals and lifestyle, including:
- Total knee replacement (knee arthroplasty): It involves all three bones (thigh, shin and kneecap) that form the knee joint. Implants vary depending on your weight, size and activity level.
- Partial knee replacement (knee resurfacing): Our orthopedic specialists can spare healthy tissue and bone with a less invasive procedure when damage is limited to a portion of the knee (inside, outside, or front).
Robotic Knee Replacement - Dr. William Nordt - CBS6 Working for Your Health
Doris' Story - Knee Replacement - Parham Doctors' Hospital
Partial Knee Replacement - Parham Doctors' Hospital
Hip replacement in central Virginia
Hip replacement surgery, or hip arthroplasty, resolves hip pain caused by injury from fractures, conditions like avascular necrosis or severe arthritis. The result is better stability, mobility, function and less pain.
Candidates for hip replacement surgery
Schedule an appointment with one of our experts if you:
- Experience hip pain or stiffness after sitting for a long time, or getting out of bed
- Have pain, swelling or tenderness in the hip joint
- Hear or feel “crunching” in the hip joint
- Have tried other treatments, such as medicines and physical therapy, without success
Types of hip replacement surgery we offer
- Total hip replacement: Orthopedic surgeons replace the ball of the thighbone and socket of the pelvis bone with prosthetic (or artificial) pieces made from metal, ceramic and/or plastic. The procedure involves removing the damaged cartilage and bone and implanting the prosthetic joint.
- Traditional and direct anterior (front) hip replacement techniques: The direct anterior (front) hip replacement is minimally invasive and requires smaller incisions with less trauma to tendons and muscles. This means faster recovery and less pain than traditional approaches.
Richmond’s most decorated and awarded joint replacement program
Your joint replacement journey at Parham Doctors’ Hospital begins with expert diagnosis and continues with education about the condition and procedures available to you. Patients choose us for:
- Healthgrades award recipient year after year: Our team received the Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ for 8 years in a row. For the past 14 years we have received a five-star rating for total hip replacement and total knee replacement.
- Comprehensive preoperative education: To help ease anxiety before surgery, we offer a comprehensive joint camp for an inside look at our facility and what to expect before, during and after joint replacement surgery.
- Care throughout the journey: We are here every step of the way with case management, care coordination and customized services for all your needs.
- Specialized programs before and after surgery: We offer inpatient and outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation at our hospital, all under one roof.
- Fellowship trained, board-certified orthopedic specialists: Your care comes from board-certified doctors and orthopedic surgeons. Most of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.
Read more about why we are the best in Central Virginia for joint replacement surgery.