On the Forefront in Spine Surgery
At Parham Doctors’ Hospital, we are proud to provide the best, top quality orthopedic and spine care in Richmond. Certified by the Joint Commission for Spinal Fusion, our experienced spine care surgeons and neurosurgeons perform the most complex procedures in Central Virginia, making us the best and most experienced spine care team in Richmond.
Parham Doctors’ Hospital is the first and only hospital in Central Virginia to pioneer the Mazor Robotics Mazor X Spine Surgery System. The Mazor X™ system combines unprecedented pre-operative planning tools and analytics with unparalleled intra-operative guidance, giving Parham Doctors’ patients the most advanced spinal surgery options available.
Our spine surgeons continually find new and better ways to treat spine-related conditions using advanced, minimally invasive tools and procedures that promote quicker recoveries and better long-term outcomes. With broad expertise and decades of experience, our surgeons are committed to providing you the same high-quality spine care they routinely provide to professional athletes and Olympians. That means they spend time with you to learn about your overall health, underlying medical conditions, lifestyle, job requirements and expectations so they can help determine the safest, simplest and most appropriate treatment methods for you.
Minimally Invasive Means Getting Back on Your Feet Sooner
The spine surgeons at Parham Doctors’ Hospital lead the way in the use of minimally invasive surgical techniques to treat a wide range of spine conditions. In minimally invasive surgery, a tiny camera on a thin tube is inserted through a small incision to reach the injured or diseased area. The camera projects images onto a screen in the operating room so surgeons can view the area where they are working.
Today, our spine surgeons stabilize joints, decompress pinched nerves, fuse bones and correct deformities – all through a few small incisions. That means:
- Less pain and scarring, as surgeons do not need to retract, cut or move muscles to reach the spine
- Faster recovery, as patients experience dramatically shorter hospital stays- typically ranging from less than a day to two days, instead of four or more days.
While minimally invasive surgery may not be appropriate for every situation, ongoing surgical advances mean that even traditional surgeries produce less pain and faster recovery.
Pioneering Spine Procedures
The innovative spine surgeons who practice at Parham Doctors’ Hospital are proud to be the first in Central Virginia to use the Mazor Renaissance™ Surgical Guidance System for precise, robotic-assisted maneuvering and placement of surgical instruments and implants. In addition, our surgeons performed Central Virginia’s first Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement.
Spine surgeries we perform:
- Spinal Fusion
- 2-level cervical disc replacement
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Digital Biplane Angiography (3DBRA)
- Cervical artificial disc replacement
- Lumbar artificial disc replacement
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- XLIF (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion) procedure–a minimally invasive spinal surgery performed through small incisions in a patient's side
- Spinal laser surgery
- Use of genetic engineering in surgery
- Use of bioresorbable implants in spinal surgery
- Application of physical therapy core stabilization and strengthening techniques in spinal rehabilitation
We treat the following conditions:
- Neck or back pain, Kyphosis, Sciatica, Scoliosis, Spinal Osteoarthritis, Spinal Stenosis, Spinal Tumors, etc.
Learn more about Parham Doctors’ Hospitals advanced surgical approaches and technologies by visiting HCA Virginia’s Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery. We are proud to be a part of a network that performs more robotic surgeries than any other health system in Virginia.
If you need rehabilitation or physical therapy due to injury or illness, Parham Doctors' Hospital is ready to help you on the road to recovery with both inpatient and outpatient services designed to help you reach your maximum potential. You will benefit from the expertise of a variety of specialists who work together to create a program tailored to your unique needs and recovery.